1. What is SHAREit?
It is an application for easy file/folder sharing between two devices.
2. What operating systems does it run on?
SHAREit is available for any Windows, Android, or iOS device.
3. Can I share files between different operating systems?
Yes. You can share files from an Android phone to a Windows tablet, from a Windows notebook to an iOS device.
4. Can I install in non-Lenovo devices?
Yes, you can.
5. Do I need cables, Bluetooth, or an active Wi-Fi network nearby to connect to other devices?
No. You can simply connect using your device’s Wi-Fi radio. This avoids any network charges.
Note: If you’re using an iOS device, then the receiving device must be on the same local Wi-Fi network.
6. How can I invite other friends to start using SHAREit with me?
Simply click the “Invite friends” link in the SHAREit app to instantly send them an e-mail that contains the SHAREit download link. You can also tell them to visit shareit.lenovo.com.
7. How fast is the file transfer?
About 40 times faster than Bluetooth.
8. Is there a limit on the size of a file I can share?
No, but very large files will take longer to share.
9. What type of files can I send?
Any documents, photos, music, videos, and even apps.
10. Can I share a whole folder at a time?
Yes. After you choose to send files, the file browser will open. Select the folder you want to send and click ‘Select’.
11. Can other SHAREit users connect to my device and start sharing files without my approval?
No. You must first accept their connection invitation before they can start sharing files with you.
12. How can I get the latest SHAREit updates?
SHAREit will automatically check for the latest updates.